We offer: information, advice and support to children, young people and parents/carers about special educational needs and disabilities (SEND). This includes health and social care where it is linked to education.
We are a free, dedicated, confidential and impartial service based in Norwich. Staff are independently trained in SEND.
We have a Steering Group which includes parents and representatives from local voluntary groups, Children’s Services, the Parent Carer Forum, schools, Education and Social Care, as well as Health. Together we plan the services we offer across Norfolk.
We Can Give You
- The law on Special Educational Needs (SEN) and Disability, Health and Social Care where they link to education
- Local policy and practice
- Personal budgets and working together (personalisation)
- The Local Offer
- Education Health and Care Plans (EHCP)
- Moving through stages of education, this is called transition
- Mediation and dispute resolution, Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunal Service and complaints procedures
- Gathering, understanding and interpreting information and applying it to your own situation
- Signposting to other services for information, advice and support
- What to do when things go wrong
- How to get the best from a meeting
- Preparing for and attending meetings
- Writing letters
- Understanding reports
- The EHC Plan process and annual reviews
- Admissions and Exclusions
- Post 16 provision
- Working in partnership with schools and the local authority to develop positive relationships